- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com
- Professional networks and groups sharing information and peer discussion.
Research gate – http://www.researchgate.net/
- A social networking site for scientists and researchers to share papers, ask and answer questions, and find collaborators.
- StackExchange – http://stackexchange.com/
- A network of Q&A websites on topics where questions, answers, and users are subject to a reputation award process (ie the good ones are at the top).
- Quora – http://www.quora.com/
- Questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users.
- Reverse Image Search – https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/1325808?vid=1-635761664723503360-921534196
- Use a picture as your search to find related images from around the web.
- RSC resource intelligence – http://intel.rscmme.com/
- Interactive spatial presentation of technical resource and reserve reporting.(NI43-101 and JORC)
- Sedar – http://sedar.com/search/search_en.htm
- Canada report portal
- ASX Announcements – http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/announcements.do
- Enter the company code and view reports
- (A company code finder is beneath the search button)
- Google alerts – https://support.google.com/alerts/answer/4815696?hl=en
- Let Google trawl the web for you.
- Infomine – http://www.infomine.com/
- Broad, industry focussed geoscience nad mining information
- MiningNews.net – http://www.miningnews.net/
- Daily mining industry news.
- Mining.com – http://www.mining.com
- Global Mining News.
- Country Info – http://www.infomine.com/countries/
- Mining information by country from InfoMine
- Commodity prices – http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/
- A list of current commodity charts from InfoMine
- Slideshare – http://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?searchfrom=header&q=geology
- A picture tell a thousand words, right? Here are thousands of slideshows on the topic of geology.
- Upload and share publicly or privately PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Adobe PDF Portfolios
- Powershow – http://www.powershow.com/search/presentations/geology
- a quality repository of industry and academic powerpoint presentations – search by topic
- some with audio
- some are pay per view.
- There are more than enough job sites out there.
- Corbett – http://www.corbettgeology.com/geological_models_in_epithermal_porphyry_exploration_terry_leach_legacy.pdf
- Geological models in epithermal-porphyry alteration.
- Cost of mining and investor sentiment – http://www.mining.com/web/the-real-cost-of-mining-gold/
- Value of gold in the ground – http://www.mining.com/web/the-real-value-of-gold-in-the-ground
- Tackling the crisis in exploration – https://www.bcgperspectives.com/content/articles/metals-mining-tackling-crisis-mineral-exploration/#chapter1
- Alteration Atlas – Slideshare – http://www.slideshare.net/laurarojasperea/atlas-alteration-thompson
- Petrogenesis, description, hand samples, thin sections.
- ChemLin – http://www.chemlin.de/chemistry/geochemistry.htm
- Virtual Geochemistry Library
- Exploration Direct – http://www.explorationconnect.com.au/
- Services, suppliers, products, advice, tolls and resources (Aust. focused but science applicable anywhere).
- Plutus Strategies – http://plutusstrategies.com/Blog%201.html
- Exploration risk and decisions.
- risk source, opportunity, volatility. Valuing and statistics
- Phased Mining – http://www.mining.com/web/phased-approach-to-mine-development-a-proven-business-model-for-risk-reduction/?utm_source=digest-en-au-160120&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest
- A broad review of sclaed production to control risk and inertial investments.
- PLOS – https://www.plos.org/
- Wikimedia – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Earth_sciences
- Australian theses – http://www.datametallogenica.com/dm_framestest.asp?framefile=../ThesisWebsite/AccessLevels/PublicAccess/Public_Adv.htm
- Google Scholar – https://scholar.google.com/
- Citations and some download capabilities.
- Open Science Repositry – http://www.open-science-repository.com/search-research-papers.html
- CiteSeer – http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/index
- Mining and Minerals Library – http://www.onemine.org/
- 100,000+ mining and minerals related documents collected by professional societies around the globe